Director, Talent Development
Battlefy is the tip of the spear for esports. We are where esports is created and discovered – our platform is the easiest way to create, manage, and find esports competitions. We are the platform trusted globally by the biggest game studios, publishers, brands, and leagues. We’re growing quickly and we need a passionate Talent Director to help drive us to the next level.
As we continue to scale our team, we are committed to maintaining our People First values and preserving our strong culture. In this position you will lead our efforts to find, grow and develop new talent. As well as create an end-to-end people operations function that allows everyone at Battlefy to thrive. You will be expected to articulate effectively, be independent and proactively implement positive improvements that are aligned to our goals and culture.
We value passion and drive and we also believe that diversity is the key to success for every high growth technology startup. We welcome people from all walks of life.
Learn more about what it's like to work at Battlefy.
What You’ll Do:
- We believe in Continuous Improvement. Our commitment to development is core to why we win. You will be the quarterback of our employee development process and work closely with functional and business unit leads to coordinate the professional growth of every Battlefy employee.
- We take hiring seriously. We are looking for great talent to join us on our mission to power all of esports. You will help lead our efforts to recruit and retain top talent as scale. You will work across all functions (engineering, design, product management, sales, etc.) to assess needs and target candidates that can 10x the team.
- We care deeply about successfully integrating and growing new hires. You will lead the scaling of our onboarding processes and work closely with team leads to ensure that all new hires are set up for success.
- We are People First. You will help us monitor the team’s overall health and satisfaction, with a special focus on scaling our remote teams. You will lead and assist programs that reach all employees, including Performance Management, Promotion Decisions and Compensation Review to ensure they run smoothly, so employees can focus on their core roles.
- We rely on data to support our decisions. You will work closely with our data team to aggregate and analyze metrics and feedback to help guide decision making regarding our people processes. You will regularly report out to the team and leadership on progress towards goals and developing trends and recommendations.
To be successful, you are:
- Experienced. You have war stories about scaling a gaming or technology startup past 100 people and know which exactly which problems to tackle now, and which to tackle later. You have at least 10 years of talent management experience and are currently at a Director level.
- A critical thinker. You overcome challenges and get to the root cause of any issue, design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines and stakeholders, even those beyond people and organizational boundaries.
- A communicator. You communicate broadly and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures.
- Data informed. You do the due diligence to gather the information you need and evaluate all options before moving forward.
- Technology minded. You are an excel spreadsheet wiz and use a variety of tools to help eliminate manual steps from HR processes by automating and integrating to ensure greater operational efficiency.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Your choice of equipment (laptop)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
We are accepting candidates from any location.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted, thank you!