Esports Business Development Director/Manager (can be remote)
***Please note that the deadline to submit an application for this role is 2/24/19***
Multi-million dollar prize pools. Packed events at Staples Center, Madison Square Garden, and Seoul World Cup Stadium. 250 million active players worldwide. Millionaire pro-players. Welcome to the world of esports.
We are the tip of the spear for esports
- Battlefy is where esports is created and discovered – it’s the easiest way to create, manage, and find esports competitions
- Battlefy is the esports platform trusted globally by game studios, publishers, brands, and leagues to create, market, and scale organized gaming competitions
- Battlefy has helped more than 100,000 esports organizations execute over 300,000 amateur and professional competitions and leagues
- We were founded well before the Associated Press confirmed the correct spelling for “esports,” and we’re backed by gaming and media industry veterans and Silicon Valley funded
- We’re growing, and we need passionate talent to drive the company to the next level
About our team
Esports and gaming are in our DNA. We grind League of Legends as part of our product testing, practice CSing obsessively in DOTA2, and are adamant about Ultimate Infestation giving way too much value in Hearthstone. We never pick Hanzo in Overwatch but are always willing to fill; and we’re always ready to blast goals from outside the box in either FIFA or Rocket League. And, recently, we added frying pans to the dress code; thanks, PUBG.
We’ll want you because
- You have taken a deal from ideation to execution – you’re a deal junkie who is passionate about execution and who is more than happy to get your hands dirty
- You are fixated on ROI. You have measured the success of your deals with both quantitative and qualitative data across multiple sources
- You have collaborated with cross-functional teams and external partners to design, develop, and launch great partnerships
- You have an extensive network covering gaming, esports, media and/or technology
- You iterate in a fast-paced dynamic environment, preferring speed and timeliness over perfection
- You take initiative, manage deliverables, and meet deadlines
What you’ll do
- Report directly to the Chief Business Officer
- Initiate, negotiate, and execute deals with all the players in the gaming/esports value chain – game publishers, platforms, content producers, brands, and tournament organizers
- Advertising, marketing, and sponsorship partnerships
- Tournament management and vendor partnerships
- Technology integrations
- Manage partnerships and ensure that they are successful and sprout new opportunities
- Build and reinforce a client-solution mindset among the team
- Collaborate across the team to get things executed timely and on budget
- Build relationships with key gaming/esports executives and influencers
Who would want this role
- Someone who has a strategic mindset but also realizes that strategy isn’t worth the paper it’s on unless it gets executed in the right way and delivers impact
- Someone who has 3-7 years of full-time business experience
- Someone who may be considering business school or just graduated from business school and wants a role that proves that they are not only one of the smartest people in the room but also someone who has the practicality and fortitude to gets things done and get tactical
Who you don’t need to be
- You don’t need to be in Vancouver. We have team members in Jakarta, London, Los Angeles, NYC, Paris, Santiago, Sao Paulo, and Vilnius. We figured out the virtual model. We love polyglots!
- You don’t need to be a start-up veteran. If you’re down for the ups and downs of start-up life and willing to devote the energy and fortitude to make Battlefy as huge and as awesome as it promises to be, we’ll give you a fair chance at joining the team.
- You don’t need to be a hardcore gamer. But, you need to believe that Han Solo shot first and that Dungeons and Dragons was the Big Bang of gaming.
Please submit a cover letter. We will not consider candidates who do not complete this step of the application process.
What you’ll get
- Competitive compensation with equity participation
- Responsibility to match your horsepower and capabilities
- Flat organization built on meritocracy
- Insider access to new games and esports events
- Opportunity to be at the ground floor of one the fastest growing companies leading esports