Battlefy is looking for a resourceful data wiz who is passionate about using data to tell stories that have a direct impact on our business and product.
Data analysis and experimentation are key enablers of success at Battlefy and play a key role in improving the experience of our users. You will be the central owner of data and data analysis, helping drive key product decisions for the platform. Your work will have immediate impact across the company and you will be in a uniquely cross-discipline role, working with nearly every team in the company. You'll be joining a data driven team that is looking for a experienced data analyst to enhance our existing capabilities.
We value passion and drive but we also believe that diversity is the key to success for every high growth technology startup. We welcome people from all walks of life.
- A passionate, entrepreneurial-spirited technologist that owns delivery from concept through to completion
- An expert at communicating, knowing exactly how to collaborate with sales, marketing, UX, product managers and other engineers
- Constantly curious, always looking to learn and increase your knowledge
- Passionate about esports and gaming
- Own the analytic lifecycle for product development - consult with product managers on the best metrics to use for measuring new feature success, how to instrument them, and finally how to run experiments to get feedback on those initiatives.
- Move the needle by making Battlefy more productive – your output will help shape the path of decisions at every level, every day, across the entire organization.
- Do research on our own data to discover trends in the eSport industry and help turn those insights into impact.
- Contribute and grow the culture of excellence on our team by bringing processes and best practices to our group.
- 4+ years in a similar role in technology or gaming industry.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL, and are well versed in one or more scientific reporting language (Python, R, etc).
- Strong statistics background and know what type of analysis methodologies apply to different types of problems. (regression, cluster analysis, experimental design, hypothesis testing, etc.)
- You’re excited about deep data mining and analysis based on a vague question or hunch. You can see patterns in data and tell a story.
- Next level communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points, specify solutions, and build analysis towards understandable results
- Experience presenting ideas and nurturing data driven decision-making with product leadership
Bonus Points if you…
- PhD, MS, or BSc. Degree in Statistics/Economics/Mathematics or a quantitative field
- Have worked in small startup environments
- Have experience in organizing or competing in esports tournaments
- Have experience in NodeJS, ETL, Amazon Redshift, Periscope Data, Tableau, and web analytics platforms (GA, MixPanel, etc).
What you’ll get
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Your choice of equipment (laptop)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...