The Test, Tools, and Reliability aspect of our engineering team crafts tests and builds infrastructure that powers testing automation across multiple platforms and devices. Automation is a key catalyst in helping us validate the quality of our code at scale. For this reason, we designed and architected our own testing and automation services from the ground up with built-in principles to meet reliability, scalability, and flexibility for continuous integration/deployment.
In Vancouver, the Engineering team is building world-class software to ensure our global customers, players, and organizers have a great experience on Battlefy.
We value passion and drive but we also believe that diversity is the key to success for every high growth technology startup. We welcome people from all walks of life.
In the coming year, we are looking to architect multiple solutions to address the scalability challenges of some of the largest companies in the esports space. Some of those include automated techniques to validate product features end-to-end, building a broad suite of internal testing tools, and improving our services/frameworks for measuring/monitoring/alerting performance over a wide range of devices.
- A passionate, entrepreneurial-spirited technologist that owns delivery from concept through to completion
- A relentless advocate for engineering excellence, dedicated to coaching and mentoring others
- A product thinker who can take the point of view of the customer and sees the different ways they can break the software
- An expert at communicating, knowing exactly how to advocate with sale/marketing, product managers, designers, and other engineers
- Able to see patterns, commonalities and investigate complex issues to uncover root causes
- Committed to QA methodologies and advocate for comprehensive testing including unit, functional, and integration
- Organizational skills to gather and record detailed and accurate information about bugs and systemic issues
- Constantly curious, always looking to learn and increase your knowledge
- Able to think creatively and come up with solutions when tools don’t work
- Excited to dive into a system to understand mysterious behaviours
- Passionate about gaming
- Engineer scalable and maintainable software to meet the application and infrastructure needs of the Battlefy platform
- Wear many hats working across Engineering, DevOps and Quality Assurance
- Continually set personal and professional goals and do everything in your power to surpass them
- Grow the Battlefy culture, from posting to #dev about good engineering patterns to playing video games and competing in eSports tournaments. You embody our values of one team, drive and sportsmanship
- 2+ years of experience of general software engineering experience
- You have built tools and automation that helped the product increase its quality over time
- You have worked in a fast growth environment where your pace and hustle was key to getting the right things done
- You either know or are able to demonstrate that you can master the following:
- End-to-end testing tools and their strengths/weaknesses
Bonus Points if you…
- Have worked in small startup environments
- Have experience in organizing or competing in esports tournaments
- Write blog posts
- Do tech talks at local Vancouver events
- Ran your own venture (even if it failed)
- Have open source contributions
What you’ll get
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Your choice of equipment (laptop)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...